Have you ever bookmarked a site and noticed the little icon / logo near the words in your browser?
This small icon is called a “favicon.” There are many ways to create a favicon manually, but is often easiest to use a favicon generator like this one: Visit: www.favicon.cc
Here are a Few Tips for Designing a Creative Favicon:
I tried using this and generator, and noticed that my favicon was pixellated. So here’s what I did to achieve a better result:
- Create a Photoshop or Pllustrator file that is 250 pixels square.
- Crop your favicon creatively, showing the most important part of your logo, letter or mark.
- Simplicity is best. Use an identifiable icon that relates to your site or brand.
- Once you have it positioned, export the image at full size.
- Then, use Photoshop to crop the new image at 16 pixels square.
- Upload this new image in the generator and tweak using the editor.